Course Catalog
Outreach Instructor Portal
Toll Free: 800.933.8394 Call Us: 303.914.6420
Rocky Mountain Education Center
Mailing List


About RMEC

General FAQ's

How do I register for a course?

Course registration in advance is required.  Registration can be completed online, email scan, mail or by calling our office.  Please note that courses that require prerequisite documentation must be submitted via our website only.

On-line: - Simply click the "Buy Now" button for your selected course

Phone:  800-933-8394 or 303-914-6420

Mail:  13300 W 6th Ave, Campus Box 41 Lakewood, CO 80228

What class should I take if I’m new to safety and health?

If you are in the construction industry you should start with the OSHA 510 course.

If you are in general industry you should start with the OSHA 511 course.

What if the course I want to register for has a prerequisite?

For courses that have a prerequisites, i.e. the OSHA 500, 501, 502, 503 and CETC 145, you MUST complete the application online.  When you click the “Buy Now” button you will be redirected to the course prerequisite form.  Fully complete the form and submit it.  You will receive an email back confirming your prerequisite submission.   Your form will be reviewed within 3 business days and you will receive either an approval code to be used to complete your registration or a denial with the reason why you were denied.  You will not be registered for a course until your application have been reviewed and approved and you have then completed the registration process for the course.

Can I apply to attend the OSHA 500 or 501 Trainer courses before I complete the prerequisite courses of the OSHA 510 and OSHA 511?

No you cannot apply to attend the Trainer course until you have complete the prerequisite course.  You will not be able to have a seat “held” for you in the course to assure you will able to attend the trainer course.  Once you have complete the prerequisite course you can apply to attend the trainer course.

What are my options if the course I would like to take is full and closed for enrollment?

Course registration is first-come, first-served and a course will be closed for enrollment when we have reached the maximum number of students our classroom can accommodate.  You can be placed on a waitlist for classes that are closed and should anyone cancel their attendance we will call those on the waitlist in order they were received.  You cannot “hold” seats in any RMEC courses.

What is included in my course fee and are there any additional taxes or fees?

The course fee covers the cost of the course, course materials, and for applicable courses a 1910 or 1926 CFR. There are no additional charges for courses and no taxes are added to the listed course fees.

Can I receive my course materials before the class?

All course materials will be provided on the first day of class.  Course materials will not be given to students in advance.

Do I need a parking permit?

No parking permits are required at our facility.

What airport should I fly into?

Denver International Airport

Is there a place to eat on campus? 

Red Rocks Community College has a cafeteria and a coffee shop located on the campus and there are several restaurants within a mile of the college. 

What is the course attendance policy?

Students are expected to attend 100% of the course in which they are enrolled and complete hourly and course requirements before a certificate of completion can be issues.  NOTE: Travel plans need to accommodate the published course end time.

When will I receive my course certificate?

Certificates are issued at the end of each course for students meeting the attendance requirements and passing the final exam.

How do I request a replacement certificate?

To request a replacement certificate Click Here.  You will need to pay a replacement fee of $25.00.  Please note, if you completed the course more than 5 years ago we may not have the records available to confirm your attendance and complete your request.  If this is the case we will refund your fee.  

When is payment due for my course?

Payment must be received by the first day of the course.  Students are responsible for any and all charges incurred including any collection costs associated with non-payment. Please be aware when you click the "Buy Now" button you are not required to pay at that time you can ask to be invoiced for the training or pay with credit card at the time of registration.

The following methods of payment are accepted:

·Credit Card (MasterCard, Visa, Discover, AMEX)

·Checks (Make payable to Red Rocks Community College)*

·Company Purchase Orders (Make Payable to Red Rocks Community College)*

* Please include the student name and course number on the purchase order or check.

What is your Refund Policy?

Course withdrawal or cancellation notification must be made prior to the course start date and can be done via email or phone call.  Withdrawals or cancellations will be 100% refunded.  If a student fails to show up for a confirmed training their tuition will be automatically refunded back to them.

What is your Course Rollover/Transfer Policy?

Students can rollover to a different section of course if they contact the Rocky Mountain Education Center two weeks prior to the course start date.  Payments for students who rollover to a course within the same term will have their funds transferred with the course registration. Students will be allowed to rollover only one time, if unable to attend the course a second time a refund will be generated and they will be required to register and pay for the future course again.

What is your Course Cancellation policy?

The Rocky Mountain Education Center reserves the right to cancel any course in the event of insufficient enrollment.    Students enrolled in a cancelled class will receive a full refund. RMEC is not responsible for travel expenses incurred by the participants in the event of a course cancellation.

What is the policy on Course Postponements or Campus Closure?

The Rocky Mountain Education Center is in a region that may have occasional inclement weather and courses may be cancelled, postponed or rescheduled due to weather.  The safety of our students is very important to us.  The Rocky Mountain Education Center reserves the right to postpone courses due to unforeseen circumstances.  RMEC is not responsible for travel expenses incurred by the participants in the event of a postponement due to weather or unforeseen conditions or low enrollment in a course.

Where do I check for inclement weather or school closures?

Please refer to the RMEC Inclement Weather Policy by Clicking Here

Do you have an advisor I can talk to? 

No, the Rocky Mountain Education Center is the Continuing Education branch of the college and courses are intended for adult professionals. We do not provide or offer career counseling or counseling on what courses you should take.

Can I use financial aid to pay for my courses at the Rocky Mountain Education Center? 

No, the Rocky Mountain Education Center courses do not qualify for financial aid as we offer non-credit, non-degree seeking courses.

Will my veteran’s benefits pay for my courses at the Rocky Mountain Education Center? 

You need to check with your VA representative to see if they will cover non-credit, non-degree seeking courses. Each office seems to have different policies in place.  Once you have talked to your VA representative they can contact our office with any questions they might have regarding our program.

What are your office hours? 

The Rocky Mountain Education Center is open Monday through Friday. We are open from 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. on Friday’s Mountain Time.

What is your physical address? 

Red Rocks Community College, 13300 West Sixth Avenue, Room 2690, Lakewood, CO  80228